Popup or pop up is a name for an additional Internet browser window that usually is used for advertisements, but can also be a source of malicious software.
To ensure blocking is enabled, check your Internet browser settings, as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the top-right corner of the window, click the Settings icon, and select Internet options.
- On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, select Turn on Pop-up Blocker.
- Click Settings, to configure the blocker settings.
- In the Pop-up Blocker Settings window, under Blocking level, select the required setting from the drop-down list and click Close.
- Click Apply, and OK.
- Start Firefox.
- On the top-right corner, click the Open menu icon, and click Options.
- In the Options window, under Content tab, select Block pop-up windows.
- Start Google Chrome.
- On the top-right corner, click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon, and click Settings.
- In the Settings window, click Show advanced settings.
- Under Privacy, click Content settings.
- In the Content settings window, scroll down to Pop-ups, and select Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended).
- Click Done.
Safari on Mac
- Start Safari on your Mac.
- On the menu bar, click Safari, and then select Preferences.
- On the Security tab, next to Web content, ensure that Block pop-up windows is checked.
CALL STAR TECHNOLOGY SERVICES FOR HELP! https://stservices.net